In today’s world, being able to drive a vehicle is a necessary ability for getting around quickly. Since road travel is still growing to be a convenient mode of transportation, numerous individuals are selecting a motor vehicle as a way to go. However, in order to freely operate a motor vehicle on Indian roads, you must first have a valid driving license in Delhi.
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 requires people to have a valid driving license in order to drive on Indian roadways. It expressly says that a person cannot operate a motor vehicle without a valid driver’s license (DL). You must first obtain an Indian learning license in order to get DL online in Delhi.
Generally, the age required for obtaining a driving license for a private vehicle is 18 years old, although a driving license can be obtained at the age of 16 for a motor vehicle with less than 50cc engine capacity in Delhi. As we all know, to Get DL Online in Delhi, one must first obtain a learner’s permit. A learner’s license is a provisional and limited driving license granted by the regional transport office (RTO). To obtain a learner’s permit, one must be familiar with all traffic laws and regulations, as well as pass a written test.
Learner’s license holders may practice driving on Indian roads with the assistance of a licensed driver. This type of license can be obtained by those who are at least 16 years old.
Documents Required for Driving License in Delhi
The following papers, as well as the Learner’s Licence Form, are necessary for the issuance of a Learners’ Licence.
- Application – Declaration as to physical fitness, Form-1
- Two copies of the candidate’s recent passport-size photograph.
- Valid Form-1A
- Self-Attested copy of Address proof
- Self-Attested copy of Age proof
- Minors will ask for signed permission from their parents and the parent’s photo ID proof.
How to Apply for Driving License Online in Delhi?
You may quickly apply for a driving license online in Delhi by following a basic procedure that consists of a few easy steps:
- The Road Transport & Highways Ministry’s official website may be found here.
- Select “New Driving Licence” from the “Driving License related services” column.
- You will be routed to a new web page with all of the relevant information.
- Take your time and read the guideline carefully before you start.
Fill out the form by downloading it and filling out all of the required information.
Procedure to Fill the Driving License Application Form Online in Delhi
You may apply for a Learner’s or Driving Licence online by following these steps:
- Visit the Road Transport & Highways Ministry’s official website.
- The Candidate can download a copy of the application for a driver’s license or can fill it online.
- After following the instructions on the screen, fill out the form and click ‘Submit.’
- Applicants under the age of 18 must acquire a copy of the form and complete Part D of the form, which must be signed by their parents at the local RTO.
- The application includes the fields like personal details, family details, and address details.
- An applicant has to fill this form carefully with appropriate details.
- After you’ve signed the paper, you’ll need to upload the required documents together with the application form.
- The applicant is alerted through SMS if his or her application has been processed.
- Anytime you submit a form, online or offline, you’ll obtain a unique reference number for your application.
- Select a convenient time for you to take your driving test at the RTO and make arrangements.
- Then, you’ll need to pay for your application.
- Your application number will be required at the time of the exam. This test will assess your knowledge of traffic signals, rules, and regulations.
- There will be a written test, and if you pass it, you will receive a learner’s permit.
- If you can’t clear the test, you have 7 days to reapply.
Test Process to Get Learner’s License in Delhi
You will be needed to take a written test online or offline to demonstrate your understanding of traffic rules and regulations. All candidates for a learner’s license must go through this process.
Some details to keep in mind while you take the learner’s license test
- Arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid being late.
- If you applied online, you’d need to submit your confirmation slip and pay the learner’s license test fees before you can take the exam.
- As a general rule, you’ll be asked to answer questions online or on paper during the interview.
- A permanent driving license in Delhi can be obtained 30 days after your learner’s permit has been issued, as long as you pass the exam. Furthermore, the permanent driver’s license application must be submitted within 180 days of issuing the learner’s license.
- You can retake the test within a week if you fail the first time.
The process to Issue of Permanent License in Delhi
- You’ll need to fill out form-4 and send it to your nearest RTO, or you can submit them to the RTO website together with the relevant papers as described above.
- If you are applying online, you can book a slot for your final driving test.
- At an RTO, every document that you provide will be analyzed or examined by the appropriate official(s).
- The candidate must then pass a driving test.
- The applicant’s driving abilities, familiarity with the vehicle, and knowledge of traffic rules and regulations will all be tested during the driving exam.
So here, it is clear that one can apply for a gearless license at the age of 16, but the condition is it is only for 50cc engine capacity vehicles. And to get a driving license applicant needs a guardian or parents’ permission letter too.